Team retention and high staff turnover will have a huge impact on your business and are one of the major disruptors to an Agencies overall profitability. Recruiting and training are expensive and the brand damage caused by individual team members can have a devastating effect. As an industry, we are too quick to ‘repair by replacement’, rather than ‘understand and tune’ what we already have.
It doesn’t make sense to throw out what we have already invested, in both in time and money, without looking for a cost-effective way to capitalize on our investment.
We can show you the pathway to identify and build upon the innate skills that your team already have but neither themselves or you are probably aware of.
In our Team Development Day (TDD) we work with you and the team to give you a clear understanding of your innate talent and how to best leverage that talent.
So how does it work?…………
Prior to the TDD each team member will complete an Agent Dynamics Performance Management Profile (PMP). The PMP is conducted online and they will answer a series of questions about themselves in general and some more specific to real estate. We will then tabulate the results and produce their PMP report which we will return to the Principal for forwarding to the team member.
The TDD comprises a morning session involving the entire team and an afternoon session with the Principal and/or Management Team.
In the Morning session, we debrief the entire team and look individually at each team members profile. It is important that if you have two or three of the team who are the same profile type that we can explain what makes each one different in their own individual way. When they first read their PMP the first reaction is often to ‘self-diagnose’ from the contents and they may start jumping to conclusions. The group de-brief enables them the time to have their profile explained to them in detail with some very important distinctions discussed enabling both them and their peers have a clear understanding on what they bring to the team.
We work through each of the team which includes the Principal and Management with the end result being;
- A clear understanding of their profile and the value and natural skill set that they bring to the team.
- An appreciation of the elements that other team members and management also bring to the team.
- An understanding of why they love to do some tasks but resist others and how to best manage themselves to get tasks completed.
- How to best work in ‘flow’ to be happier, more productive and ultimately more successful in their role.
In the afternoon session, we work with the Principal to provide a clear pathway on how to best communicate with and leverage, the innate talent that each team member brings to the business.
We advise on how to deal with and solve any blockages to progress that you may be experiencing with individuals or the team as a whole. We will also explain how to best communicate with each team member and identify the areas and tasks where you will encounter the most resistance.
In our experience, the outcome of the Team Development Day is invariably;
- A quantum improvement in the respect and value that each of the team have for each other.
- An increase in dollar productive time as the team now understand their strengths and how to leverage them.
- Improved cohesion between the Principal and Team via better communication and individual team member management.
- Higher levels of success at sales and PM presentations as the team are more confident and working in their flow.
- Some re-allocation of tasks to get the most out of each of the teams innate talent.
We understand that you will have some questions so please contact us and we can have a quick call to answer them for you.